I feel like it has been FOREVER since I participated in What I Ate Wednesday! I keep meaning to, and then I either totally miss it, forget to take photos before I eat, or just plain don’t have time to write a post on that day. Anyway, since I haven’t been doing these kinds of posts, I have a bunch of random eats for you today. All are from December 2012 and January 2013. Enjoy!
From the top, left to right:
1) A little pasta and a lot of vegetables – last little bit of Double Kale & Squash Pasta, with sautéed zucchini, red pepper, spinach, artichoke heart, Bragg’s Organic Sprinkle & Sriracha.
2) A baked yam with taco spiced lentils (TruRoots Sprouted Lentil Trio cooked with taco seasoning) and Daiya Cheddar Style Wedge.
3) Silver Hills toast with Crofter’s Superfruit Spread. Yves Veggie Sausage Patties. Cajun spiced potatoes, cabbage, and red peppers.
4) Daiya Cheddar Style Wedge & chili pepper hummus quesadilla. Coleslaw.
5) Toasted Silver Hills bread with avocado, cucumber, black pepper, Sriracha, and a Gardein Scallopini.
6) Stir-fried Soyganic Smoked Tofu, spinach, edamame, red cabbage, and orange pepper with Braggs, Sriracha, and avocado.
7) Prepared Casbah Falafel on a whole wheat wrap with spinach, cucumber, orange pepper, Sriracha, and tahini sauce (tahini, lemon juice, water).
8) Brown rice. Stir-fried broccoli, red cabbage, orange pepper, and mushrooms with garlic, ginger, sesame oil, & soy sauce. Sautéed Soyganic Smoked Tofu with red chili jam.
9) Whole wheat wrap with half an avocado, mung bean sprouts, red chill jam, orange pepper, cucumber, sesame seeds, and sesame ginger salad dressing.
1) Salad: spinach, cucumber, green pepper, pickled jalapeño, yam, a Gardein turkey cutlet, with Somer’s Oil-Free Goddess Dressing from the Green Smoothie Challenge. Loved this salad dressing!
2) Silver Hills toast with red chill jam and Daiya Wedge-Style Cheddar. An apple.
3) Salad: spinach, cucumber, pickled jalapeño, cooked yam, black pepper, Oil-Free Goddess Dressing.
4) Salad: romaine lettuce, cucumber, cooked quinoa, black pepper, dried cranberries, pickled jalapeño, Oil-Free Goddess Dressing.
5) Salad: romaine lettuce, cucumber, pickled jalapeño, dried cranberries, carrot, Oil-Free Goddess Dressing.
6) Smoked paprika hummus with carrots, red pepper, and cucumber. Mary’s Herb Crackers, almonds, and dried cranberries.
7) A failed but still tasty attempt (and a failed photo) at making a speedy single-serving apple crisp. With peanut butter on top.
8) Tofu scramble: firm tofu, orange pepper, cabbage, spinach, Bragg’s Organic Sprinkle, Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, Sriracha. Silver Hills toast with jam.
9) Oatmeal with Sucanat, cinnamon, slivered almonds, my own semi-dried cranberries, and hemp hearts.
You can find everyone’s What I Ate Wednesday #105 posts right here.