Or rather, what I ate on Monday, July 16th.
2 small Cranberry Citrus muffins (I adapted these from a Blueberry Lemon Muffin recipe in “The Joy of Vegan Baking” but wasn’t quite satisfied with them, so I won’t be posting the recipe yet) with Vegan Becel.
Chilled chai tea with vanilla almond milk
Coffee Frappe (1/2 cup crushed ice, 1 cup cold coffee, 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk, 4 slices frozen banana, 1/2 tsp cornstarch)
2 slices off a fresh-baked still warm Mini Banana Bran Loaf with Vegan Becel.
Curried Lentil Soup over pineapple brown rice
Iced Herbal Tea
2 Chocolate Vega Macaroons
Also, here are some other things I’ve been eating over the past week.
From top left:
1. Silver Hills Big 16 Bread toasted with natural peanut butter & agave. 1 apple.
2. Tropical Chai Smoothie: frozen banana slices, frozen mango chunks, 1/2 serving Tropical Vega Energizing Smoothie, 1/4 serving Vanilla Chai Vega One, fresh pineapple, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, sprinkle ground ginger & nutmeg, unsweetened soy milk
3. Falafel Burger on a whole wheat bun with chipotle hummus & green leaf lettuce.
4. 2 home-made bean/rice/veggie burritos w/ Daiya cheddar shreds. I made these myself for the freezer based on these Amy’s ones I really like. I already know I’ll be changing some things next time so I’ll post my recipe then.
5. 1 Gardein Chick’n Scallopini Patty with chipotle hummus sauce (just hummus thinned with water and poured on top while cooking). Vegetable hash is mini red potatoes, baby kale, mushrooms, 1/2 an avocado, paprika, and a splash of lime juice.
6. Nature’s Path flake cereal (I mix a couple different kinds in a cereal keeper) and crumbled Chocolate Vega Macaroons with unsweetened soy milk.
Sorry for the sparse posting in the past couple weeks. I’ve got a close relative in critical condition in the hospital so have been spending most of my time at the hospital without access to the internet.